Maison de la Mutualité
Architect and interior designer: WILMOTTE & ASSOCIÉS
Architect: ATELIER PAC
Consultant: PLAN CONSULTANT
Economy, structure, electricity, building services: GEC INGENIERIE
Cost consultant: GETRAP
Lighting: SPEEG MICHEL
Control office: BATIPLUS
CSPS : BATIPREV
Scenography: LABEYRIE & ASSOCIÉS
Acoustics: PEUTZ & ASSOCIÉS
Rehabilitation of the Maison de la Mutualité.
Built between 1928 and 1931 by the architects Lesage and Miltgen in the historic heart of Paris, the Maison de la Mutualité has become a Parisian institution over the years. The dilapidated building was no longer suitable and could have been closed, but the relocation of the medical centre was an opportunity to revive the Mutualité.
The intervention had to take into account the history and aesthetics of the building by taking inspiration from Art Deco without pastiching it, while finding the lines and structures of this style. The degraded staff decorations were reconstituted identically by craftsmen in order to hide the technical and safety equipment. The building being full, it was necessary to add spaces without destroying it, using the intermediate spaces left by the 1930s architecture.
The architectural renovation of the theatre provides a contemporary image. The stage crew has been upgraded to offer full flexibility of use. The first and second floors include lounge, committee and restaurant spaces. The restaurant has been moved to the ground floor, open to the street. The top three floors have been transformed into offices for GL Events group companies.
A symbol of Parisian heritage, the Maison de la Mutualité now hosts numerous events throughout the year.