DIOCESAN ASSOCIATION OF PARIS
Control Authority Delegated: SEFRI-CIME
Chief Architect of Historical Monuments: HERVÉ BAPTISTE
Architect and interior design: WILMOTTE & ASSOCIÉS
Executive Project Supervisor: OPC, ELAN
Cost consultant HM : CABINET VIRTZ
Cost consultant: C.E.E.
Structure: BUREAU MICHEL BANCON
Building services: ALTO
Fire safety: FCSI
Acoustics: AVEL ACOUSTIQUE
Restructuring of the former 13th century Bernardine convent and interior design: classrooms, offices, library, auditoriums, garden.
The Bernardine College, created in 1245 to meet the need for spiritual formation as close as possible to the places of intellectual debate, has been one of the major centres of thought in the West for several centuries.
Completely renovated on the initiative of the Diocese of Paris, the Bernardine College is now a privileged place of exchange and knowledge for all. The renovation work focused in particular on
– the creation of a library and meeting rooms in the basement,
– the complete restitution, thanks to steel, of the volume of the large medieval roof,
– the restoration of the triple gothic nave punctuated by some thirty fine columns,
– the restoration of the floors, slabs, stone walls, columns, vaults and capitals,
– the reconstruction of the south rose window,
– the reconstruction of the gable walls according to their original design and the restoration of the facades,
– the consolidation of the cellar structures,
– the repair of the roof (with the manufacture of 110,000 flat tiles stamped “Bernardins”), the dormer windows and the central bell tower.
In June 2010, the Bernardine College was awarded the European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Competition, in the "Conservation" category.