CHARM & MORE
Architect: WILMOTTE & ASSOCIÉS
Main contractor: CHRISTIAN PYPOPS
Control office: QUALICONSULT
Acoustic design: ACOUSTIQUE ET CONSEIL
Electrical contractor: CABINET BLEUSE
Fluid BET: SECATH
1, 800 sq.m
33 rooms and 1 restaurant with 60 seats
Refurbishment and extension of a hotel comprising 33 rooms, a 60-seater restaurant, a reception, a bar/lobby, a wine cellar/private lounge and a massage and treatment room, in the heart of the 9th arrondissement in Paris.
At the corner of rue du Conservatoire and rue Sainte-Cécile in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, the former hotel was spread over two separate buildings: the entire corner building, and the first two floors of a small adjoining building. The project involved bringing the two buildings together to create a single building.
The two buildings were hollowed out to retain only the skeleton and restructure the whole:
– On the ground floor, to improve the flow of horizontal traffic
– On all levels, to create new vertical circulation routes: creation of a new staircase for the public and a goods lift for the staff
– In the bedrooms, to make them more spacious
– In the bathrooms, to support the weight of the Japanese marble baths: reinforcement of the floors.
– In the basement, to increase the height of the vaults: underpinning.
Wilmotte & Associés designed a soft ambience (predominantly sandy colours, contrasted by a midnight blue), with a strong emphasis on wood (walnut wall panels on the ground floor, parquet flooring in the bedrooms, ceilings in the entrances to the bedrooms and bathrooms), enhanced by a multiplicity of lighting points.